COVID-19: How Council is responding to the Coronavirus
The New England Weeds Authority is currently monitoring the COVID-19 situation and will continue to follow the advice of State and Federal Health Departments.
If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, have returned from overseas travel in the last two weeks, have been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with or showing symptoms of COVID-19, we request that you refrain from using Council's Customer Service Counter. Please use Council’s alternate service delivery options, by contacting us on 67703602 or using the Contact Us page on our website where you can contact, report an issue.
How the New England Weeds authority is responding to COVID-19:
Council’s focus during the COVID-19 situation is to maintain good service levels while protecting our community. We will aim do this by:
- Maintaining essential services,
- Providing up-to-date information about any changes to services and/or operations;
- Supporting government, government departments, emergency services and agencies to help manage the impact of the virus;
- Acting on advice from NSW Department of Health and the Office of Local Government
- Following State and Federal Government advice regarding events and public gatherings.
The New England Weeds Authority will continue to deliver customer service - safely.
In accordance with State and Federal Government guidelines concerning the current COVID-19 Coronavirus situation, we now have measures in place to protect both you and Council staff – while ensuring the continued provision of services.
Councils office will be closed to the public and staff will be rostered to ensure social distancing guidelines are adhered to . Contact us by phone and we will assist as best we can.
Please call us on 6770 3602 during business hours from 7.30am to 4.00pm Monday to Friday or search our website.
Council Services and Operations Update
Below is the current advice on changes to Council services and operations. Existing and additional changes to services and operations will be updated as the situation changes.
- Council's inspection program will be limited to areas where social distancing guidelines can be observed.
- Spaying operations will continue wherever we can put a single vehicle with a single operator.
Everything you need to know about COVID-19, including frequently asked questions, can be found at: https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/alerts/Pages/coronavirus-faqs.aspx
For updates on Council's response to COVID-19, please follow Council's social media handles page on Facebook.
For the latest updates on COVID-19, please visit the World Health Organisation or NSW Health.