Interested in working at NEWA?
Consider a career in Weed Biosecurity
New England Weeds Authority (NEWA) is always seeking talented staff in the fields of Biosecurity, Project Management, Noxious Weed Control (spraying) and related functions. If you are reliable, a team player, willing to learn and a good communicator; we are keen to hear from you.
If we are not currently advertising a suitable position with NEWA, please don’t hesitate to contact us and forward your resume to Contact Us together with a letter setting our your career objectives, and we will be in contact.
Career Opportunities in Biosecurity
New England Weeds Authority (NEWA) offers a number of exciting career opportunities for people who want to join our team of dedicated and talented staff.
Positions currently available include:
- Senior Weeds Officer – permanent, full-time
- Weed Spray Operator (Casual) – casual, seasonal with flexible working hours
NEWA offers competitive salaries and leave provisions, rostered days off or 3 day weekend work arrangements, extensive training and 11% superannuation or casual loadings; and much more …
Should you have any questions please contact the General Manager, Tim Weeks on 0457 330 908 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click on the position below in which you are interested, to view the Job Advertisement, a Position Description and to submit your application.
Closing Date for Application
Senior Weeds Officer
Contact General Manager (as above)
No closing date
Why work for the New England Weed Authority?
The New England Weeds Authority (NEWA), is a single purpose County Council focussed on Weed Biosecurity, including the inspection, control, eradication and reporting of weed infestations. You will be working with like-minded colleagues, who share the same education and experience and, like you, are focussed upon the protection and wellbeing of the rural environment and its economic prosperity.
NEWA is headquartered in Armidale and is currently constructing a new, multi-million-dollar office and depot complex. NEWA offers the latest in all-terrain vehicles for use in both rural and riverside environments, together with sophisticated technology and systems, including amphibious vehicles, drones and industry leading, digital GPS charting of spray application.
The City of Armidale offers a long-established university, a number of fine independent or public schools transforming it from a rural town to a sophisticated, cosmopolitan city and regional centre. Armidale has a full suite of community services, a modern, connected airport and a myriad of recreational parks and sporting facilities.
To help you build a secure future with NEWA, we offer:
- competitive salaries including performance related increments
- overtime (where applicable)
- training and paid study assistance
- corporate uniforms and tools of trade, including a mobile phone, notebook computer and technology such as drone aircraft.
- Dependent upon the position, flexible work arrangements offer either an 8 or 9-day fortnight, full and part time working and, by negotiation, flexitime working options to fit with family commitments.
NEWA appreciates the importance of a healthy work-life balance, vital to being a productive and happy employee. Whether you want to spend more time with family, fish, pursue a sport or hobby, you can seek work arrangement to keep your life on-track while building your career.
Council further supports families with maternity and paternity leave, and unpaid parental leave periods for permanent employees. Flexible working hours for mums and dads raising young families can also be negotiated.
How to apply for a Job at NEWA?
You application, which must include a copy of your up-to-date resume, a covering letter along with your written application and any specific information requested in the job advertisement, should be emailed to – email@example.com by the closing date and time provided.
What is the selection process?
- Your resume and covering letter will be assessed by a panel against the key accountabilities and essential requirements listed in the Position Description. Contact details of at least two referees who have supervised your work in the recent past should also be provided.
- Suitable candidates may be requested to attend an interview, meeting with the panel and answering a series of pre-determined questions and scenarios. Travel expenses or a Teams meeting may be reimbursed, dependent on your location.
- The successful candidate will be advised and employment details, including a commencement date will be discussed and agreed.
- A formal letter of appointment will be provided for your acceptance.
- The successful applicant will be required to undergo a police check and health assessment.
- Unsuccessful candidates will be advised accordingly.
Should you require further information, please email your question(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEWA is an EEO employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.