A review of Councils policies and procedures has identified that Council is required to update its governance areas to comply with the Local Government Act and Regulations and to ensure that the Councillors, employees and public are aware of the requirements that govern Council. Where available, Model Policies will be adopted because of their compliance with the requirements of the Act.
The Act requires Council to review its policies within 12 months of a general
election or from time to time as required.
A list of Model Policies for adoption is:
- Closure of Council Meetings to the Public - 2013
- Council Expenses and Facilities Policy - 2022
- Guide to Webcasting of Council Meetings - 2020
- Model Code of Conduct for Councillors - 2020
- Model Code of Conduct, Completing Returns – 2022
- Model Code of Meeting Practice – 2022
- Model Social Media Policy – 2022
- Model Staff and Member Interaction Policy – 2022
- Policy – Delegation of Authority – 2021 [Not a model policy]